Sunday, December 4, 2011

2x Super Easy Leggings

I have been seeing all over the Internet these cute leggings, so I decided to give it a go. I am not a seamstress, I think I swear at my sewing machine more than I use it.. Surprisingly enough, this project had no cuss words coming out of my mouth! I actually had both pairs all cut and sewn together quicker than my dinner took to cook in the oven! Having 2 very sometimes mischievous toddlers, this is a great selling point for this craft!
So here is my super non-skilled quick sewing leg warmers:

To start you are going to need some long socks. (mine came in a pack 3 pair for $4). You can find really cute ones with patterns too! Possibilities are endless!



Next cut right above the heal, right below the heel, and just before the toe. Cut both socks at the same time, I use a rotary cutter and it makes is super easy! Save the middle section for the next step.


Take your middle section and fold it so that the raw edges are together and the right side of the fabric is on the outside. This is going to become the top cuff on the leg warmers.


Next slip the cuff over the long piece of cut sock. Placing all the raw edges together.

For easier sewing, pin all of your raw edges together making sure they line up nicely.

Then sew all together. I line up the edge of my pinned sock to the edge of my sewing foot, gives me a straight line to line up to, and catches all my raw edges. Do a straight stitch all the way around. One pair down!! On to the next pair.

For the second pair, you only need to make one cut, just above the heel. No pinning or anything! How easy is that!


For sewing, I put my length on 1.

And picked a mid zig-zag stitch.


Sewn all around your raw edge with the zig-zag stitch, getting as close to your raw edge as you can. This sewing is very forgiving, so don't fret too much. As you sew you want to stretch you sock a bit, i find if you just slip it over the machine it works great!


Pair two down! Now you have two pairs of finished leggings, one with ruffles and one with out. (the cuff leggings would be great for boys!)


Now time to add just a few pretty touches..


We are potty training our 2 year old. I love leg warmers they remove the hassle of taking pants on and off every 20 minutes..





Love the cute little ruffle!! You can pick a thread that will match so it doesn't show too. I like the white showing for a little extra accent.


Two pair, less than a half an hour!! LOVE IT!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: