Friday, January 11, 2013

Cheesy Veggie Medley Soup

So with snow running rampant, and the flu taking a quick stab at our house, I really have been craving soup. Looking online Cheesy Broccoli Soup really stuck out, but when I went to my cupboards... Of course I didn't have what I needed. So instead, I just made this.. It is one of those things that just got thrown together as I went. It turned out awesome! Super YUMMY!


 
 

You will need;

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
2 cups milk
1/2 pound Velveeta
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 medium onion (diced)
1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
1/4 cup(ish) sour cream
3-4 cups frozen california veggie blend (depending on how veggie-y you want it)
 

Directions;

Saute your pepper and onion in butter in large pot until onions are translucent. Add cream of chicken soup, broth, and milk, whisk until smooth. Cube Velveeta and add to soup mixture, and optional sour cream. Keep heat on medium to low to prevent curdling or burning. Stir soup until cheese is melted. Add frozen veggies and cook for another 15-20 minutes or until veggies are cooked thru. Stir often.
I served with warm garlic parmesan toast and it was FABULOUS!!
 
ENJOY!
 
P.s. This could be done in the crockpot on low for 3-4 hours, just saute your pepper and onion first.
 
 
  Posted by Picasa

No comments: